How Much Does Siding Cost?
West Coast Barrier will match any reasonable estimate / quote you receive. However, the flexibility in price matching depends entirely on the scope of the work required, and require that the quote you present us comes from an insured and licensed company.
General Siding Repair Cost Breakdown
We've prepared a brief list that hopefully helps you better understand the cost of siding installation.*
|Material||Price per sq ft*|
|James Hardie Color Plus|
|Starts at $8.95|
|Vinyl Siding||Starts at $6.20|
|Premium Vinyl Siding||Starts at $6.95|
|Cedar Siding||Starts at $10.95|
|Stucco||Starts at $10.25|
|Longboard||Starts at $15.25|
|AL-13||Starts at $14.25|
|Cultured Stone||Starts at $22.65|
Some Questions To Ask Your Contractor About The Estimate
It can be difficult for home owners to know whether or not their siding contractor is a qualified professional who holds their best interests in mind. Given this, we've prepared a brief list of questions you can ask while they're inspecting your home.
- How many years have you been installing siding?
- Do you have a valid trade license?
- Does your estimate include all potential additional costs, such as waste removal?
- What type of siding materials do you use on your home, and would you recommend it on mine?
- How soon can you begin the project?
- How many weeks will the project take to finish?
Siding material cost comparison
The price of siding depends on the quality of the product. Cheap siding is often cheap to purchase, but often ends up being more costly in the long run. The reasons are obvious. Cheap products remain cheap because of the compromises they make.
Here are some questions we'd be happy to discuss with you when we help you select the right siding for your home:
- Does this product require post-installation work (like painting)?
- What kind of guarantee does the product have?
- How does this product hold up to our Vancouver and beyond weather conditions throughout the year?
Siding Installation Costs
The cost heavily depends on the quality of materials you select, the time-frame you need the project completed by, and the condition of your walls behind your current siding. This last point is particularity important because the scope of the project can and will shift if there is a problem behind the siding. For example, if the moisture barrier behind your siding failed, there might be rotted wood that needs to be replaced.
Unforeseen problems aside, typical siding products range in cost from around $6 to $12 per square foot. Vinyl siding tends to be the easiest product to install or repair. Hardie Siding (also known has fibre-cement) tends to be considered a premium product in Vancouver and beyond as it withstands our wet environment very well. Generally, the most expensive kind of siding is cedar. This is because cedar siding might required painting after installation or special treatments to ensure its going to last. These treatments increase the time spent on the project and, naturally, the cost.
Some additional resources we've created
We've created a few resource articles about different kinds of siding that might help you make a decision. Some way the pros and cons. Some are more educational. Please feel free to call us with any questions:
- The best vinyl siding for heavy rain.
- The pros & cons of wood siding.
- How long does vinyl siding last.
- 12 reasons you need James Hardie Siding.
- Hardie Siding vs. vinyl siding.
- What is the best time to renovate my siding?
- Everything you need to know about a rain screen.